Where We Work | Program
DREAMS: CCPF for Adolescents
CCPF for Adolescents was a two-year program that expanded Chipatala Cha Pa Foni (CCPF) – an existing mobile-based health hotline and message service in Malawi.
SolutionHealth Center By Phone
VillageReach’s DREAMS Program, CCPF for Adolescents, aimed to improve adolescent girls and young women’s access to age-appropriate sexual and reproductive health information, services and commodities. The program worked in conjunction with VillageReach’s existing program, Chipatala cha pa Foni – Health Center by Phone, as a youth-friendly health service and broaden the influence of the Pharmacy Assistant Training Program to help build local facility-based youth friendly health services and supply chain management capacity.
DREAMS promoted youth friendly services in 2 districts (Machinga & Zomba)
CCPF For Adolescents— Call Volumes:
- From Aug 2017-2018, there were 3211+ calls from adolescents (15-19) and youth (20-24) from Machinga & Zomba, of which 2888 were meaningful calls
- 54% of calls were from adolescents (15-19) & 46% from youth (20-24)
- 40% of meaningful calls have been to seek SRH information, another 6% about HIV prevention, and other calls about STI-related topics.
- 773 adolescent girls & young women (AGYW) chose to register for Tips & Reminders (T&Rs), of which 583 (75%) were for SRH-related T&Rs
- Government Ministry of Health (MoH)—Reproductive Health Directorate, HTSS- Pharmaceutical, District Health Offices (DHO) and Health Education Services
- Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest and Hawaiian Island (PPGNHI)
- DREAMS Innovations Challenge partners – FHI360, CAMFED, Save the Children, Badilika
- DREAMS partners – One Community, and others