Where We Work | Program
Supply Chain for Community Health Workers (SC4CHWs)
VillageReach is supporting the Liberia and Kenya Ministries of Health to strengthen key areas of the health system to ensure supplies get to under-reached populations.
For many living in remote areas of Africa, community health workers (CHWs) represent their sole connection to the public health system. These CHWs are essential for delivering cost-effective health care to everyone. However, they must be adequately equipped with the necessary health products and trained with relevant skills to carry out their jobs effectively. VillageReach collaborates with governments and communities to develop supply chain solutions tailored to CHWs’ needs and actively integrates them into national supply chain planning and distribution.
- Data: Deploy digital solutions to simplify community-level data collection, analysis and use.
- Advocacy: Integrate CHWs into national public health systeFor many living in remote areas of Africa, community health workers (CHWs) represent their sole connection to the public health system. These CHWs are essential for delivering cost-effective health care to everyone. ms including supply chains.
- Supply Chain Financing: Advocate for increased funding of health products/ supplies.
- Transport: Refine last-mile delivery operations & modalities.
How We Measure Success:
- Increased data availability: % of health facilities reporting CHW supply status
- Increased supply chain expertise: difference between pre- and post-training assessments.
- Increased use of data for supply chain decision-making: % of counties holding quarterly supply chain meetings where data is used to create action items
- Improved on-time delivery of products to CHWs: % of CHWs who received at least one resupply visit during the month.
- Improved supply availability for CHWs: % of CHWs with life-saving commodities in stock.
- Improved record keeping: % of CHWs with stock card accuracy of 100%
The Republic of Liberia Supply Chain Master Plan 2023 – 2028
Human resources & community health systems Application of the PtD supply chain management theory of change in Liberia
Reducing missed opportunities for vaccination in Mozambique: cross-sectional assessment (2017)
SC4CHWs: A New Approach in Liberia
Integrating Eyeglasses into Community Health Supply Chains in Liberia
Supplies at the Last Mile: Equipping CHWs in Liberia
Arming Community Health Workers For Battle
Supply Chain for Community Health Worker Program (SC4CHW) Overview
2015 Kwitanda Evaluation
2014 Kwitanda Evaluation
- The Liberia Ministry of Health
- The Kenya Ministry of Health
- Last Mile Health
- Plan International
- World Food Programme
- Lwala Community Alliance
- Global Fund
Related Global Impact
See the latest updates from our work to improve access to quality healthcare in the world’s most underserved communities.