Where We Work | Program
CountryDemocratic Republic of Congo
SolutionNot Affiliated to a Solution
At VillageReach we believe private sector integration is critical for building high-performing public health supply chains that are equitable, people-centered, resilient and sustainable. Integrating private sector capacity creates efficiencies and makes the public health supply chain more resilient to shocks.
VillageReach is leveraging private sector capacity in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) is through increased collaboration with private pharmaceutical distributors, companies that procure and supply medicines to hospitals, pharmacies and health facilities.
In September 2021, we began working with the DRC government and partners to remove barriers hindering private sector for-profit pharmaceutical distributors from participating in the public health supply chain.
We are working closely with the government to encourage all certified distributors to deliver health products to both public and private health facilities across the DRC.
- DRC Ministry of Public Health:
- ACOREP (Congolese Pharmaceutical Regulatory Authority) at the national level and the Provincial Health Divisions (DPS) at the provincial level
- The Federation of Enterprises of Congo (FEC) in its Manufacturers and Distributors of Medicines branch
- The FEDECAME (Federation of Essential Drug Supply Centers)
- ASRAMES (Regional Essential Medicines Supply Association)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- World Bank: PDSS (Projet de Developpement du Systeme de Sante/ Health System Strengthening for Better Maternal and Child Health Results Project)