Where We Work | Program
COVID-19 Vaccination in the USA
VillageReach is providing support in 15 counties in WA state, primarily focused on Central Washington.
SolutionNot Affiliated to a Solution
In December 2020, when COVID-19 vaccines first became available in Washington State, VillageReach was uniquely positioned to provide immediate value to local health jurisdictions to accelerate vaccine delivery.
Vaccine Operations and Systems Readiness:
- Support LHJs in strategic and operational planning on how to support boosters and pediatric doses
- Link LHJs to DOH Depot Planning initiative and provide advice on how to make the initiative more responsive to LHJ needs
Demand Generation and Management:
- Develop suite of employer-based vaccine demand generation tools
- Develop demand generation/outreach/education tools for pediatric population
- Support LHJs in developing social media content for delivering evidence-based communication on COVID-19 and vaccines
Demand Generation and Management (cont.):
- Support LHJ advocacy campaigns to promote increased knowledge of and investment in rural health systems
- Conduct key informant interviews and community conversations to better understand people’s needs and perceptions
- Human-centered design sessions with community groups
Digital Systems and Data Use Management:
- Implement PowerBI tools and dashboards that update with WAIIS data on an automated schedule
- Set up the backend infrastructure for data tools and systems using softwares such as R Studio and PowerBI
- Hold virtual training sessions for LHJ staff on how to update, maintain, and build upon the processes going forward
Workforce Readiness (cont.):
- Provide training and mentorship to staff
- Create onboarding materials, “just in time trainings” and other methods can be scaled and reused as needed
Community Health Workers as Vaccinators: A Rapid Review of the Global Landscape, 2000–2021
Social Listening To Strengthen Vaccine Programs: Leveraging A National Health Hotline In Malawi
COVID-19 vaccine delivery in LMICs: How to think about concentration vs dispersion in delivery?
Our Work So Far
Map displaying counties which VillageReach have supported.
- Washington State Department of Health
- Local County Health Jurisdictions