Where We Work | Program
COVID-19 Vaccination in the USA
VillageReach is providing support in 15 counties in WA state, primarily focused on Central Washington.
In December 2020, when COVID-19 vaccines first became available in Washington State, VillageReach was uniquely positioned to provide immediate value to local health jurisdictions to accelerate vaccine delivery.
Kent vaccine site, King County rollout.
How It Works
Vaccine Operations and Systems Readiness:
- Support LHJs in strategic and operational planning on how to support boosters and pediatric doses
- Link LHJs to DOH Depot Planning initiative and provide advice on how to make the initiative more responsive to LHJ needs
- Demand Generation and Management:
- Develop suite of employer-based vaccine demand generation tools
- Develop demand generation/outreach/education tools for pediatric population
- Support LHJs in developing social media content for delivering evidence-based communication on COVID-19 and vaccines
- Demand Generation and Management (cont.):
- Support LHJ advocacy campaigns to promote increased knowledge of and investment in rural health systems
- Conduct key informant interviews and community conversations to better understand people’s needs and perceptions
- Human-centered design sessions with community groups
- Digital Systems and Data Use Management:
- Implement PowerBI tools and dashboards that update with WAIIS data on an automated schedule
- Workforce Readiness:
- Set up the backend infrastructure for data tools and systems using softwares such as R Studio and PowerBI
- Hold virtual training sessions for LHJ staff on how to update, maintain, and build upon the processes going forward
Workforce Readiness (cont.):
- Provide training and mentorship to staff
- Create onboarding materials, “just in time trainings” and other methods can be scaled and reused as needed
COVID-19 vaccinodromes: Increasing COVID-19 vaccination in Côte d’Ivoire and Democratic Republic of Congo
Fixed Vaccination Site and Mobile Advance Strategy Team Implementation Guide
Community Health Workers as Vaccinators: A Rapid Review of the Global Landscape, 2000–2021
Case Study: Demand Generation at COVID-19 Vaccination Sites in CI and DRC
Considerations for Your COVID-19 Vaccination Site
Mozambique: A Highly Effective COVID-19 Vaccine Campaign
A People-Centered Flexible Approach to COVID-19 Vaccination in the Côte d’Ivoire
Social Listening To Strengthen Vaccine Programs: Leveraging A National Health Hotline In Malawi
TechNet-21: Proven and promising strategies for enhancing vaccine confidence
Equitable Delivery of COVID-19 Vaccines: Lessons from Sub-Saharan Africa
Protecting the Community Health Workforce During COVID-19
COVID-19 vaccine delivery in LMICs: How to think about concentration vs dispersion in delivery?
PPE Quantification and Forecasting Tool Process
PPE Quantification and Forecasting Tool
Arming Community Health Workers For Battle
Map displaying counties which VillageReach have supported.
- Washington State Department of Health
- Local County Health Jurisdictions
Related Global Impact
See the latest updates from our work to improve access to quality healthcare in the world’s most underserved communities.